Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Los Angeles Family Shelter


I am a firm believer in Karma. What goes around comes around. In 1998 I sold EVERYTHING I owned. I was living in a small apartment with a dream and the ambition to get there. I packed up shop in a duffel bag and road from Norman Oklahoma to Los Angeles on a Greyhound bus. Spent time in the bus station a night or so I didn't say sleep cause I am unsure I did any sleeping. Began walking the street homeless and no where to go. Hungry and agree at myself. I stumbled upon an emergency shelter in North Hollywood. I was there for a little over three month it came to mind to give back for the center for the three meals a day, a bed to lay in, Shower to bath in and a washing machine to do laundry. So given the gift I was born to give. I donated my time and energy to a 19x15 foot mural going up the stair case in the preschool childrens library. I was featured in the Los Angeles Times July 28, 1998 after the mural was complete. This generated more jobs for me a promising outlet to my dead end.

I often time imagine & still what to give more. I would give again. If you can imagine or donate in anyway contact www.lft.org maybe your in the area stop in an paint a mural for me........I was blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment