Monday, May 25, 2009

Back In The Day

This is some of my art from high school. Teenage Storys

Framed Red Peppers
Red Hot another angle of the peppers


The story began when I wasn't much older than 8 years old, my grandfather liked to paint. I would go over to his house on the weekends. One night he asked me did I want to help him paint? I jumped up in his lap while he painted the centerfolds of the playboy magazines he had collected. I had a paintbrush an began mixing paint creating colors and helping him just like he taught. I was often time embarrassed when my childhood friends would come over to his house to play. It was kinda weird how he had the pictures he painted in his on the living room walls. But each time I since my friends felt uncomfortable I would tell'em I helped create a few of them. My Grandfather encouraged me from that day forward to Paint whatever I felt passionate about. My grandpa kept that painting on his wall we both painted together that night for years and years. (I guess until my grandma got sick of looking at it) There isn't a day I pick up a paintbrush I don't think of him....Thank you Grandpa Exhausted Energy

No comments:

Post a Comment