Friday, April 3, 2009

who choses to really be here




I was having a conversation with some girls ranging from 56 to 20 in age. All of us sitting around the table. Obviously we all had something in common we work together as waitress serving people weather their happy or miserable just for the gratification of there tips no matter great or small based on the level of needs we met for that brief meal.

After work we begin talking about our mothers, The older women said, "My mother made me feel like her slave she never cooked or cleaned. She would say, "What do you think I brought you in this world for anyways?" Nearly all of us spoke up and had heard that very same phrase come out of our mothers mouth because we all spoke up interrupting her. I recall my mothers greedy words were always, "I brought you into this world I can take you out of it" Hearing those words still make me tense up with anger. Another mother, my same age sitting there says oh no! oh no! HONEY she says I tell my children, "I brought you in this world and I will make as many sacrifices as I have to to make you happy" It was my choice to have you. I made this sometimes foolish mistake. I didn't want to get into deep so I got up from the table an told the girls to have a wonderful day I was outty.

But with that last statement it was a lasting. Was it then revealed, That the generation gap has be filled in for me.. I want nothing more than to give to my children the love and openness that I didn't have. My husband gets on to me all the time Meg he says she is eight. (reminding me as if I don't remember) but I want this bond with her I didn't have with my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment