Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wings to Fly




It's that time again I am working with Tulsa's Breast Impressions again. This years work will be displayed at Utica Square & Woodland Hills mall continuing to rotate until the Gala on September 1, 2010

The cast is not of the survivor but of a Tulsa Talon's cheerleader, who took the time to donate her bare breast as a model.

I am working from a piece of paper the describes the spirit and drive of the woman who survived the genetic disease of cancer. The survivor was asked to name her favorite colors & three words that best describe she said, "bubbly positive-minded and determined".....That drew me in: she reminded me of myself

As I was talking to Judi Grove she mentioned that she had three 20 year old women diagnosed with cancer this year one of witch had to have a total mastectomy. I am blown away by this Cancer & sometimes feel handy caped at my lack of knowledge of this epidemic.

I had a vision as soon as I saw this one cast. I didn't want to change my mind. I will continue to post more pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment